The research is in on how people learn best and it goes against the grain most of the conventional wisdom! The conventional wisdom espouses such things as:
• The more times information is repeated the more we’ll remember it.
• We all basically learn the same way.
• The most effective ways to communicate information are by lecturing and written material.
• If someone can regurgitate information accurately they’ve learned it.
• Adult learners can be expected to understand the content you’re teaching.
However contemporary research has documented a very different scenario on how we learn best. It’s got to be “multi-modal”. So what is multi-modal learning?
In a nutshell, it means that the more different ways we learn something the more we really learn it; the more different ways we learn something the better we’ll remember it; the more different ways we learn something the better we’ll genuinely understand what we’ve been taught!
Multiple intelligences or The 8 Kinds of Smart gives you tons of new ways to turbo-charge any mentoring, coaching, or training you provide.